I've done nothing wrong – Perak exco member Paul Yong clocks in




IPOH: Paul Yong Choo Kiong says he will continue his work as a Perak executive council member despite calls for his suspension or for him to take leave from work.
Yong said he had done nothing wrong, but was ready to face any action.
"I've done nothing. Why can't I work?
"I'm still a state exco (man)," he told reporters outside his office after clocking in for work at the state secretariat building here on Friday (July 12).
"MB only said he would probably advise me to go for a break if the investigation is prolonged.
"We don't know how long the investigation will take," he said.
"The police is still investigating the matter, and it's not for me to comment on it. I will cooperate fully and I believe in the police's professionalism.
"If (I'm) wrong, (I'm) wrong. If not, that's it. Only time will tell," he added.
On Monday (July 8), Yong was accused of raping his Indonesian maid.
Yong, who is Tronoh assemblyman, in a statement on Wednesday (July 10) said he unequivocally and categorically denied the "unfounded allegation" made against him.